Types of Information We Collect
The specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. This includes:
- Personal Information. Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name; contact information (such as your home and billing address, email address, and telephone number; demographic information (such as your date of birth, gender, race/ethnicity); information about your medical conditions, treatment options, physician referrals, prescriptions, and lab results or other related health information, such as your physical and emotional characteristics; billing information, such as shipping address, credit or debit card number, verification number, expiration date, and identity verification information, collected by our payment processors on our behalf; your IP address.
- Usage Information. Information about use your and interaction with our Services such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, web page requests, location data, frequency and/or date and time of your activities on the Services, and information about your Internet connection, device (such as a mobile device ID), connection speed, operating system, and/or browser.
- Credentials. Passwords, password hints, and other information for authentication and account access.
- Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide to customer support. We also collect the content of your communications as necessary to provide you with the Services you use.
How we Collect Information
We may collect information using the following methods:
Information You Provide to Us. We may collect information you provide to us directly. For example, when you create an account, answer questions, interact with OptionsMD customer support, or otherwise use the Services.
Information Collected Automatically. When you interact with the Services, we may automatically collect certain usage information. We may also collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. Some of this data is collected using cookies and similar technologies. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web server logs. Server logs are files where website activity is stored.
- SDK. A set of tools and/or code that we embed in our software to allow third parties to collect information about how users interact with the Services.
- Web beacons. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email that are designed to: (1) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and email open rates; (2) measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising; and (3) access user cookies.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
Information Received from Other Sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the Services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, third party intermediaries, such as the physicians, medical professionals, and pharmacies with whom we partner to provide you with services, subcontractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you for any of the following purposes including to:
- Provide the Services to you, including creating your account and managing our relationship with you.
- Provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
- Improve and develop our products and services by analyzing how they are used and interacted with, as well as by assessing the use of and interactions with our Services and certain content our customers send or display through the Services, including by conducting data analytics to develop insights about you, your needs and preferences so we can make more informed predictions, recommendations and products for our customers.
- Provide you with technical support and to improve our Services.
- Verify your identity and administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders.
- Ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile phone, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (when you choose to do so), and as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure.
- Communicate with you about our products and Services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our third-party partners.
- comply with applicable regulatory and legal obligations.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may aggregate, de-identify and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information is no longer reasonably capable of being associated with you. We may use aggregated or anonymized information for any purpose, including for research and marketing purposes, and we may also share such information for any purpose with any third parties, at our discretion.
How we Disclose Your Information
We may disclose information that we collect for the following purposes:
- When you consent. We may share Personal Information with third parties if you have given us your consent to do so.
- To perform the services. We may disclose your information to third parties in order to perform services requested or functions initiated by users, such as connecting you to your provider or to process your orders. In addition, we may disclose your information in order to identify a user in connection with communications sent through the Services. We also may offer users the opportunity to share information with friends and other users through the Services.
- With third party service providers performing services on our behalf. We share information, including Personal Information, with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them (such as hosting and data analyses). We may share information as needed to operate other related services.
- For legal purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- In aggregated form. We may share Personal Information about you in an aggregated form—that is, in a statistical or summary form that does not include any personal identifiers—with third parties in order to discover and reveal trends about how users like you interact with our services.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information
- “Do Not Track” signals. “Do-not-track” (“DNT”) is a setting offered by some web browsers. DNT signals are not yet uniform, so we, like many other website operators, do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals.
- Promotional Offers from OptionsMD. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by OptionsMD to promote our own products or Services, you can check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also always exercise your right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us at the address below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Interest-based advertising. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
You may contact us—by emailing email@example.com—to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. If OptionsMD deletes your user account, medical providers and other affiliates may still have the right to retain information as required by applicable law, regulations, or their own retention policy. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may retain your Personal Information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection or as long as required to fulfill our legal obligations. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the scope and sensitivity of the Personal Information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and applicable legal requirements. After expiry of the applicable retention periods, OptionsMD will destroy, delete, or erase that Personal Information or convert it into an anonymous form.
OptionsMD will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through your interactions with the Services.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18) without parental consent. We do not knowingly collect information for individuals under the age of 18 (including, for children under the age of 13, “personal information” as defined in the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) without the verifiable consent of that child’s parent or guardian. If we learn that we have received any information for an individual under the age of 18, we process and delete that information as required by applicable law. If you are aware of a child providing personal information to us without parental consent, please contact us using the information below.
Shine the Light Law
California's "shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 8721 Santa Monica Boulevard #147, Los Angeles, California 90069.