Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when you use the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use part or all of our Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us:
The specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you include information:
- Name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and email address, or any other information collected on the Websites or Apps that is defined as personal data or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”)
- Information about your medical conditions, treatment options, physician referrals, prescriptions, and lab results or other related health information, such as your physical and emotional characteristics
- Log-in credentials, if you create an account
- Billing information, such as shipping address, credit or debit card number, verification number, expiration date, and identity verification information, collected by our payment processors on our behalf
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us • Demographic information such as your gender and age •User-generated content you post in public online forums on our Services
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
We collect this information from you through
- You directly when you provide it to us
- Navigation through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies
- Account and product registration and administration of your account
- Processing your orders and requests for treatment
- Questions, communications, or feedback you submit to us via forms or email
- Your participation in research and surveys
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance, including through online chat functionalities
- Third party intermediaries, for example, the physicians, medical professionals, and pharmacies with whom we partner to provide you with services
- Your search queries on the Websites
2. Information We Collect About You Automatically:
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your use of the Services and the devices you use to access the Services, as well as browsing actions and patterns as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third-party companies that work on our behalf), may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information. This includes
- Details of your visits to our Websites or Apps, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites or Apps. Information about your computer (or mobile device) and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites or Apps and to deliver a better and more personalized service. We will ask your permission before collecting your precise GPS location information. In such instances, we will use your precise geo-location information to provide customized services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish for us and our service providers to collect and use GPS location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Please see your device manufacturer settings.
To collect the information discussed in this Section, we and our service providers use web server logs, cookies, tags, SDKs, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies to offer you a more tailored experience.
- A web server log is a file where website activity is stored.
- An SDK is a set of tools and/or code that we embed in our Apps and software to allow third parties to collect information about how users interact with the Services.
- A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer/device; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the parts of the Services you have visited and used; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions.
- Single-session (temporary) cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through our Websites or Apps. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
- Multi-session (persistent) cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our Websites and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics.
- Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email that are designed to: (1) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and email open rates; (2) measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising; and (3) access user cookies.
As Options MD adopts and develops additional technology to improve your user experience and provide greater Services, we may also gather information through other methods, however, nothing in the above section used by Options MD discloses your individual identity.
Information We Receive From Other Sources.
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other Services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, third party intermediaries, such as the physicians, medical professionals, and pharmacies with whom we partner to provide you with services, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers).
How We Use Your Information
In connection with providing you with the Websites, Apps, and Services, we may use, compile, analyze, and save your information in the following ways:
- To carry out the Services and, as applicable, facilitate the provision of health care services to you by physician or other health care provider and ensure that physicians or health care providers have the services and support necessary for health care operations.
- To communicate with you about the Websites, Apps, and Services, or your use of the Websites, Apps, and Services, and send you communications on behalf of physicians or other health care providers utilizing the Services to meet your needs.
- To provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Websites, Apps, and Services.
- To verify your identity and administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders.
- In order to ensure that content from our Websites and Apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile phone, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (when you choose to do so), and as part of our efforts to keep our Websites and Apps safe and secure.
- To communicate with you about our products and Services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our third-party partners.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites, Apps, or Services.
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
- To comply with applicable federal and state law.
Information We Receive From Other Sources.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose aggregated, de-identified information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, including our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- To health care providers (i) to schedule and fulfill appointments and provide health care services as part of the Services, (ii) to whom you send messages through our Services, and (iii) for other treatment, payment, or health care operations purposes, including pharmacy services, upon your request.
- To health care organizations, pharmacies, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the Services.
- To our third party service providers that provide services such as hosting our Websites or Apps, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
- To any third parties we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Options MD’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Options MD about our Website or App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you email us asking us to contact a third party (including a medical professional), we may transmit the contents of your email to the recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information.
Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our customers across third-party websites.
Promotional Offers from Options MD. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Options MD to promote our own products or Services, you can check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also always exercise your right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us at the address below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
You may contact us at the address below—or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org —to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. If Options MD deletes your user account, medical providers and other affiliates may still have the right to retain information as required by applicable law, regulations, or their own retention policy. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Unless otherwise required by law, Options MD will also erase personal information when the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where the lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your personal information has been unlawfully processed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Websites and Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites or Apps.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites or Apps; any transmission is at your own risk.
USE BY MINORS
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Categories of personal information we collect. Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific pieces of personal information we collect from and about our users. Under the CCPA, we are also required to provide you with the “categories” of personal information we collect. The categories we collect are identifiers (such as name, address, and email address); commercial information (such as transaction data); financial data (such as credit card information); internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage); general and precise geolocation information; inference data about you (e.g., the products and services you might be interested in based on other products and services you use); legally protected classifications (we only collect your gender); insurance (including health insurance) information; medical information; physical characteristics or description; and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
How we use and share these categories of personal information.
We use and share the categories of personal information we collect from and about you consistent with the various business purposes we discuss throughout this Policy. Please see the “Purposes for How We Use Your Information” and “How We Share and Disclose Your Information” sections of this Policy above for more information.
Please note that the CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. We do not engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months.
Your California Privacy Rights
CCPA Rights Disclosure. If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request.
If you are a California resident and you would like to exercise any of your data rights under California law, please email us at email@example.com. Please include your full name, email address, and residential address associated with your use of our Services, along with the rights you would like to exercise, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner. If you would like to receive a copy of your medical record in connection with your request, please indicate that in your email message. By requesting your medical record in this way, you are agreeing to receive your medical record in an unencrypted email message.
Shine the Light Disclosure.
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
RETENTIONS OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Options MD, Inc. 8721 Santa Monica Boulevard #147 Los Angeles, CA 90069